Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WPF: Great Resource

I recently had a severe memory leak issue relating some latent WPF animations - a very innocuous animation in a third-party toolkit was causing a complete memory leak of my user control within my application. What's worse is that our workflow called for us to destroy and re-create the control, and as a result the control was leaking several times over.

I found the solution to this problem on Ramon's weblog. I searched quite a long time for this issue and his blog was the only place where I found the information I needed (including MSDN, of course.) So I wanted to give him a shout-out over here. He lists a few interesting and nasty WPF-related memory leaks that are being worked on by Microsoft.
I'll explain the particular issue I was facing in a future post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP